This #EarthDay, get wise and switch to eco-friendly beauty to make a difference to the planet.
Earth Day 2021 dwells on the theme ‘Restore Our Earth’ and focuses on natural processes, emerging green technologies and innovative thinking that can restore the world’s ecosystems.
It is up to each and every one of us to help restore our resources and care for our planet. A healthy planet is a necessity, not an option. If Earth is healthy, we will be healthy too. And we all need a healthy earth for our livelihoods, health, survival and happiness.
Reasons why you should switch to eco-friendly beauty:
- Commercial makeup products contain harmful chemicals, toxic ingredients and irritants that cause major skin and health problems. Organic and eco-friendly makeup, skincare and haircare products contain natural ingredients like plant extracts, essential oils, minerals and are responsibly sourced.
- Many eco-friendly brands are mindful about their packaging. The products are packaged in glass bottles, bamboo, aluminium or steel cases that are good for both you and the environment. They are recyclable or can be refilled and reused for multiple purposes. Some brands even go a step forward and plant a tree each time you make a purchase. Not just your health, the planet will be grateful to you too!
- The better the skincare the lesser the makeup. Natural ingredients may take a little longer than chemical products to work on the skin, but in the long run you will see the benefits of switching to organic skincare. You will no longer need layers of makeup as your skin will glow and look better than ever.
- We often assume that organic makeup, skincare and haircare are more expensive than its counterparts and burn a hole in the pocket. We dare you to think again. Many eco-friendly organic brands are not expensive at all. In fact, if you have the ingredients with you, a soap, shampoo, mask or bathing bar can be diy-ed with little to no cost involved.
- If you really want to make a difference, read up and do your research before purchasing a product. Greenwashing is rampant in the beauty industry and many times what is promised on the package is not what is there inside. The ingredients list should only have recognizable natural names. Watch out for parabens / fragrances / chemicals / or other toxic ingredients.
These 5 eco-friendly beauty brands should be a part of your skincare regime:
Juicy Chemistry: Juicy Chemistry offers a 100+ product range of all natural, organic and sustainable skincare products consisting of cleansers, moisturisers, floral waters, gourmet soaps, hair masques, baby massage oil, cold pressed oils and lots more in relation to face, body, hair, and aromatherapy and kids’ products.
The Body Shop: Who doesn’t love a treat from The Body Shop? From rich and creamy body yogurts and body butters to light and fresh face mists and spritzes, the brand has it all. They have forever been cruelty-free and plenty of research goes into the ingredients. The Body Shop also recycles empty bottles brought back to the store.
Indulgeo Essentials: Indulgeo Essentials is a vegan, organic, 100% cruelty free and homegrown. From toning mists, facial and hair oils, to gels and face masks, their organic luxury skin and hair care range is made with ingredients collected from all over India.
Forest essentials: Forest essentials goes by the philosophy, if you cannot eat it, do not put it on your skin. Their products are ethically sourced, clean and cruelty-free. The brand uses recyclable PET and glass and their packaging cartons are made up of biodegradable materials.
Blossom Kochhar Aroma Magic: The brand is committed to giving people a touch of nature in a world taken over by artificiality. All their essential oils are organic and every product is cruelty-free with eco-friendly and recyclable packing. With a pledge of planting at least one tree a day since 2015, the Blossom Kochhar Group has planted over 6000 trees till now.
Happy Earth day to us!
(Lead image: Freepik.com)