Continuing with the series on FDCI X Lakmé Fashion Week 2021 edition, we take a closer look at Day 2 of the phygital fashion week.
The fashion fever continues in the maximum city reaching Day 2 of the astounding FDCI X Lakme Fashion Week. If you have missed out on the show, we take you straight to the runway for an exciting line up of designer labels. With sustainable fashion being the anthem for Day 2, the presentations were a mix of environment-friendly looks and conscious styling.
Here’s a look at some of the coolest trends that stood out on the runway:
- The show opened with RElan Fashion for Earth creating magic at India’s largest sustainable show unveiled by six innovative entrepreneurs. The fashion offerings ranged from upcycled textiles, zero wastes, minimal patterns, to reversible, multi-functional and utility clothing. The looks and styling were high on creativity and unconventionality.
- Peta’s Indian vegan fashion lookbook was inspired by outfits created without fur, wool, cashmere, mohair or silk. Seen embracing vegan fashion were celebrity couples Milind Soman and wife Ankita Konwar. The beauty and style statement spelt luxurious, vegan and eco-friendly.
- Cocccon’s truly amazing story of luxurious peace silk brought forth fashion experiments with a need for luxury and avante garde appeal. The ensembles were futuristic and space-age like and colours rivalled those of the rainbow. The looks exuded an elegant and youthful spirit.
- Rise Worldwide was back with its second edition of All About India presenting three designer labels promoting the crafts of India. The designers moved away from conventional stereotypes and lack of glamour. The melange of looks highlighted harmonious and timeless style.
- Payal Pratap’s line titled ‘View with a Room’ accorded a strange sense of limitless fashion. The collection pendulated between myriad emotions invoking a flood of memories. The shades of plum, purple, navy, fuchsia, auburn etc. rendered a new dawn to the looks turning them phenomenal and lively.
- Tresemme presented Ritu Kumar’s new colourful collection, a stylish blend of modern minimalism with a bohemian touch. The colourful medley of hues in contemporary silhouettes lent characteristic touches of unmatched and aesthetic style teamed with practical and trendy fashion.